Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
At Avcon, we are sensitive to matters of health, safety and environmental preservation and management. We adhere to the global environmental, health and safety policies to ensure that a safe occupational working environment is created for excellent service delivery. This is based on the following guidelines:
- Management Commitment: All levels of our management are committed to, and accountable for, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and improving the environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs of the company.
- Responsibility: Site supervisors and foremen are responsible and accountable for implementation of EHS programs at the site. Self-assessments of our teams’ performance in these areas are routinely conducted.
- Commitment to Safe Environment: The management strives to continuously provide a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, customers and public. We demand safe work behaviour and practices at all times.
- Pollution Management: We strive to prevent or reduce the generation of waste through good and sound work practices. Where waste cannot be eliminated, it is managed in compliance with all applicable requirements. We pursue our work with minimum disturbance to our neighbors and the community at large.
- Compliance Enforcement: Compliance with EHS standards is a key ingredient in the training, performance, review and incentives of all employees.